A bunch of people signed up for the Bow Weaving workshop, that Vicki and I will be conducting, at the next regularly schedule NOBO meeting – October 27. We will be making a bracelet.
We will be providing the bow looms, a needle for weaving, a spacer to keep the warp threads separated, and findings for the clasp. The materials fee will be $5.
What we ask all of you to do is to prepare the warp ahead of the workshop.
- 3/2 or 5/2 Pearl cotton. If you do not own any and want to avoid having to buy a full cone, you can use DMC pearl cotton No. 3 (which is equivalent to the 3/2s, you’ll need two skeins) or No. 5 (which is equivalent to the 5/2s, 1 skein should be sufficient).
- #6 glass beads
- Both the DMC and the beads can be found at AC Moore, JoAnns, or Michaels.
What you need to do:
- Cut 5 4 feet long strands for the warp
- Tie them together with an overhand knot, about an inch form the end.
- String 100 beads on each of two of the warp ends.
- Then tie a slip knot at the open end of the warp – you don’t want 200 beads hitting the floor!
The best way to string the beads is to use a dental floss threader, such as this. You can get them at CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, etc.Just so you know what to look for, if you opt to buy DMC pearl cotton use these links for Size 3 and Size 5
IMPORTANT: We need to know if you are interested so that we can have a loom for you. If you signed up at the meeting, then no need to ‘sign up’ again. But we NEED to hear from those who were not at the meeting but wish to participate!!!
Thanks, Terry and Vicki