From April 26 – 28, North Light Fibers is hosting the second annual Block Island Weaving Retreat. More information can be found by following this link, and some highlights are listed below:
- Outstanding instructors: Fran Curran, Beth Guertin and Judith Shangold
- Outstanding programs: We have three unique programs for the weekend from rigid heddle weaving to color theory and 4-harness techniques
- Beautiful location and beautiful hotels: Block Island is a fantastic place to enjoy when not weaving and the retreat is being held at two of the island’s top hotels: The Manisses and the 1661 Inn
- Yarn making: Everyone will have a detailed tour of the mini-mill along with discussions regarding fibers, dyeing and the production process
- Fiber animals: Tours of the animal farm will be provided and participants will be able to feed camels, walk among the alpacas and pat a yak…..on addition to jumping with kangaroos and playing with lemurs
- Fantastic activities: We are arranging for different activities to enjoy the island from bird banding and walking tours with The Nature Conservancy to Fishing and bicycling
- Fun for weavers and companions: Please bring along a companion and enjoy your time on the island along with your new friends from the retreat
- Relaxing: We are arranging for one session of Nia or Yoga for each participant so they can take a minute and reflect on weaving, the island and life.
- We have made special arrangements for all the weavers and companions so that everyone has a great time weaving, making friends and enjoying their visit to the island.